Omaha, NE

on Thursday, 26 September 2013. Posted in Life Stuff

I fell asleep at 11pm and woke up at 2 am to drive O, Jah, and myself to Tampa to catch the early flight.

 I have been told by my close friends that I am like the "Energizer Bunny". I think there is a bit of truth to that, because I can work all day, get 3 hours of sleep and get up and drive on the highway for hours. This trip would prove to be a little different though, because little man Jah'hani was traveling, and oh was this kid NOT HAPPY. Jah gets around 10-12 hours of sleep a night, but this day not so much, and man he let EVERYONE in the airport, the Airplane, and especially his parents know never to do this to him again! 

 I have a confession, before I had a baby and would be on a flight, I used to curse the child that wouldn't shut up! Now..I AM that parent of THAT kid that is just moaning and groaning. I repented all of my former thoughts, and asked for forgiveness by asking for forgivness to ALL of my surrounding passengers. "Sorry everyone, my child is NOt a morning person, as we all see. We are THAT family." which was actually well accepted. I can only hope that it helped ease the minds of all on board. Luckily I have become a master at helping my child fall asleep, and he was out in 20 minutes, but... There was another flight for my son to terrorize, and terrorize he did. This poor old lady was sitting in the isle next to us, and she leaned in toward him, saying, "oh, how cute you are!". Jah'hani looked for a second, and I knew what was coming next. If my son could speak he would have asked the lady, "What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!" I was too late, I saw it coming, but being so tired I was a second off, and the slap echoed through the plane, followed by laughter of my child. Poor lady. She took it like a champ though. She gently smiled, and slowly moved back into her "seat-back position" and proceeded to  touch her cheek. SIGH.

 We made it to Omaha, and went to my Father's office to surprise him with his Grandson. Everyone knew, BUT him. Let me say that I never met my Father's dad, he died before I was born, and I think this being his first Grandchild gives my dad a different outlook on being a Grandfather. He was so shocked, and happy! When we left, they were holding hands as we walked out of his office. Really a beautiful site to see. 

 The rest of the few days we spent together went well. I got to see my baby sisters, who are now huge! I actually called them on the stage with me for a quick picture(Ma I need you to send that BTW!), and we met all of my parent's friends. My Ma also introduced me before I played. Special. 

 As I get older I realize that family is all there really is. I just hope to have more days with them before it's time to say goodbye(for now). 

 After t

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest Facebook Posts and Videos